The Salvation Army family store & donation center Lewisville TX is a great place to shop for gently used or new items. It has a store featuring new and gently-used clothing, shoes, purses, and accessories for every budget. Donate your unwanted items by dropping them off here and get the satisfaction of helping out the needy. There’s also free parking for those who are shopping in this area. These businesses are always open to assist you with your needs.
Salvation Army offers the community a variety of services every day. It serves the people from Fort Worth and all the surrounding areas. The services include clothes, food, tools for personal and business building, emergency services for low-income families and children, and several other services such as emergency shelter and financial assistance.
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center is open from Monday through Friday, 12 pm to 6 pm. You can visit them both on your way to or from work or while driving through this area.
History of Salvation Army Family Store Lewisville TX
The Salvation Army family store & donation center Lewisville TX is part of a larger organization with a rich history dating back to 1865 when it was founded by William and Catherine Booth in London, England.
The organization was initially known as the Christian Mission but later changed its name to the Salvation Army in 1878. The Salvation Army is a Christian-based organization that aims to meet the needs of individuals and families struggling with poverty, homelessness, addiction, and other challenges.
The first Salvation Army Family Store was established in 1897 in London, England, and it was designed to provide a source of funding for the organization’s charitable work. The Salvation Army has now established thousands of Family Shops across the globe, including in the United States.
In 2004, a Salvation Army thrift shop and donation center was established in Lewisville, Texas. You can find us at 206 West Main Street, and we’re open from Monday through Saturday. The shop sells a wide selection of reasonably priced clothing, furnishings, electronics, books, and more. The Salvation Army’s initiatives and services are entirely funded by the store’s sales.
The Salvation Army has many locations across Lewisville and the neighboring areas, including the Family Store. Food is distributed through a pantry, and persons in need can apply for short-term loans and get counseling and spiritual guidance from the group.
As a non-profit organization, the Salvation Army also provides services for kids and teens, such as summer camps and after-school activities.
The Salvation Army Family Store in Lewisville, Texas plays an integral role in the larger organization’s mission to aid the poor in the area.
Benefits of Salvation Army Family Store and Donation Center Lewisville TX
Helping out a local organization like the Salvation Army Family Shop is a great way to feel good about yourself. Donating to this cause is a win-win since you get to rid of some clutter and help those in need in your neighborhood, and the charity benefits from your generosity.
- Supporting a charitable organization: Donating things to the Salvation Army Family Shop is an excellent way to support a charitable organization in your community, in addition to being a terrific method to assist those who are in need of assistance. The group has its headquarters in the local community, and all of the funds generated from the sale of objects that have been donated are placed straight into its operating budget.
- Supporting a local business: The Salvation Army has helped individuals for over a century. Businesses and NGOs looking to boost their surroundings through fundraisers and other activities would love this established neighborhood.
- Supporting a cause: The Salvation Army provides social services in Fort Worth and nearby. It is a well-established charity founded in 1865 and well-understood in the local community.
- Tax deduction: Donations to the Salvation Army Family Store are tax-deductible. You can receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your donated items. The Salvation Army family store or donation center is open Monday through Saturday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Freeing up space in your home: Clutter can be stressful, but if you donate your items to the Salvation Army Family Store, you can free up space to have much more room to relax and stretch out. Donating items to the Salvation Army Family Store can help free up space in your home. Instead of keeping items you no longer need or use, you can donate them to the store, where they can be used.
- Supporting the local community: Donating to the Salvation Army Family Store helps support the local community. The store provides affordable clothing, furniture, and other items to the community’s needy people. By donating to the store, you are helping to support these efforts. The Salvation Army Family Store is a part of the Salvation Army organization and operates in many cities, including Lewisville, TX. First established in London, England, in 1865 by William Booth, the Salvation Army has grown to become an international Christian organization serving Fort Worth and surrounding areas. It offers various services to meet the needs of those struggling with poverty or other challenges.
What is the average rating of the Salvation Army family store & donation center Lewisville, TX?
The Salvation Army family store & donation center Lewisville TX has received an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars. This donation center is open Monday through Saturday from 12 pm to 6 pm. The Salvation Army is loved by its customers, who rated it with 4 stars because it is a great place to donate items and get tax relief. Its customer satisfaction is anchored on the positive feedback they have received from its customers.
Locations Where donate for salvation army family store & donation center Lewisville TX
You can donate items to the Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center in Lewisville, TX in several locations. Here are some options:
- Lewisville Donation Center: 206 W. Main St., Lewisville, TX 75057
- Flower Mound Donation Center: 4301 Long Prairie Rd., Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Carrollton Donation Center: 1907 E. Belt Line Rd., Carrollton, TX 75006
- The Colony Donation Center: 5201 S. Colony Blvd., The Colony, TX 75056
- Coppell Donation Center: 200 S. Denton Tap Rd., Coppell, TX 75019
You can also use the Salvation Army’s website to find a donation center near you by entering your zip code or city and state. Additionally, some locations may offer pickup services for larger items, such as furniture or appliances. You can contact the donation center directly to inquire about their pickup services and schedule a pickup if available.
What salvation army family store & donation center Lewisville TX Accept?
The Salvation Army family store & donation center Lewisville TX accepts a wide range of items for donation, including:
- Clothing and shoes: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts clothing and shoes of all kinds. It also accepts household items such as towels, bedding, toiletries, books, etc.
- Household appliances: Some donation centers may only accept small appliances like toasters or coffeemakers; however, the Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts all types of appliances for donation. It will even pick up refrigerators and water heaters from your home if you wish to donate them.
- Home decor: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts home decor items such as lamps, table settings, and other furnishings. If you are cleaning out your home and want to donate some of your items, the Salvation Army is an excellent choice.
- Appliances: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts all appliances for donation, including kitchen appliances like stoves and dishwashers. It also accepts washers, dryers, and other large appliances that may be taking up too much space in your home.
- Furniture: To donate furniture or other household items, you can bring them to the donation center. However, if you have a large amount of furniture or other items to donate and don’t have time to make the trip to the donation center, you can schedule a pickup with the Salvation Army using their website.
- Electronics: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts all types of electronics, like computers and TVs, for donation. It also takes mobile phones and other similar electronics if they are in working condition.
- Plumbing fixtures: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts pipes and fixtures like toilets and faucets that are in good condition. There is no time limit to donate these items, so you can schedule a house call when needed using the Salvation Army’s website.
- Toys and games: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center also accepts all types of toys and games. You can bring your toys to donate or schedule a pickup of your items using the Salvation Army website.
- Household tools: The Salvation Army is an excellent choice when you want to donate tools, like power tools or lawnmowers, because it accepts all types of tools for donation. It also accepts other household items, including furniture and appliances you may have wanted to remove.
- Books and media: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts books, DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, and other media to donate. You can also bring your own books to donate if you have enough of them that you are no longer using.
- Bicycles: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts all bicycles for donation if they are in good condition. This donation center also accepts bike parts, such as baskets and saddles.
- Sporting equipment: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts sporting equipment like tennis rackets 0., baseball bats, and other athletic gear for donation.
- Housewares: The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center accepts housewares like kitchen utensils, dishes, glassware, and more to donate. It also accepts other items such as towels, linens, and bathmats.
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center in Lewisville, TX is an exceptional choice for donating items to charity. It takes all types of items, from clothing and shoes to home decor and electronics. If it is time for you to declutter your home and are wondering where you should donate items, consider the Salvation Army donation center.
Donating to a charity is important because it supports various charities nationwide that help others in need. That is why you need to pick out items that can be donated to a charity or nonprofit organization. Nonprofits rely on donations because they do not have enough funding to support their cause or mission.
If you want to donate a vehicle, whether a car, truck, boat, jet ski, or motorcycle, find out what the charity will do with it and how they will use it. When donating a vehicle, charities put your donated car in their inventory and sell the vehicle at public auctions.